- Consolidating dev’t, democracy calls for concerted efforts of all: Hailemariam
- Africa's rapid urbanization can drive industrialization, says new UN report
- Ceremony marking culmination of SEPDM’s silver jubilee held in Hawassa
- Engie targets Africa with home solar acquisition
- 440 senior officials investigated for corruption
Assets of 210 individuals, institutions frozen on corruption charges
(EBC; August 10, 2017) - The assets of 210 individuals and institutions, who are suspected of having links with the government officials, businesspersons and middlemen recently detained on corruption charges, have been frozen.
Among the 15 institutions whose assets have been frozen are Aser Construction, DMC Construction, Gemshu Beyene Construction and Tina Construction, Yemane Girmay General Contractor, Transnational Computer Trading, Haisem Engineering S.C., Kemanic Trading P.L.C., Jing Ling International Engineering.
An additional suspect from the Ethiopian Roads Authority has also been arrested increasing the total number of detainees so far to 54.