- Hailemariam visits Bash Pharma Pharmaceuticals, Dal Farms in Sudan
- Premier Hailemariam holds talks with President Omar al-Bashir
- Ethiopia’s 2017/2018 budget apt to drive rising economy - expert
- Africa’s richest man to invest up to $50 Billion in U.S., Europe
- Tourist arrivals in Ethiopia to increase by 5.7 pct in 2017: PwC
Ethiopia congratulates Guterres on his swearing in as the next UNSG
(EBC; December 13, 2016) - Ethiopia has congratulated H.E. Mr. Antonio Guterres on his swearing in on Monday as the ninth and next Secretary-General of the United Nations.
The former Portuguese Prime Minister and UN High Commissioner for Refugees took the oath of office for a five-year term, which begins on 1 January 2017, at a ceremony before the 193-member UN General Assembly.
Ethiopia wished the Secretary-General-designate a success in the discharge of his heavy responsibilities.
Meanwhile, Ethiopia has paid tribute to the outgoing Secretary-General of the global Organization H.E. Mr. Ban Ki-moon for his decade-long service.
Ban steps down as the Secretary-General of the UN at the end of December after leading the Organization for the past 10 years.