- N Korea warns of 'catastrophe' if US-S Korea military drill goes ahead
- U.S. air strikes kill seven al Shabaab fighters in Somalia
- DR Congo landslide kills at least 60 people
- Hailemariam urges East Africa to beat poverty through economic integration
- PM Hailemariam in Kigali to attend Kagame’s inauguration
Ethiopia working to strengthen political, economic cooperation in E Africa
(EBC; February 17, 2017) - Ethiopia is undertaking fruitful activities to help strengthen political and economic cooperation in East Africa, Foreign Minister Dr. Workneh Gebeyehu has told EBC in an interview.
As cases in point, the minister mentioned the recent peaceful election in Somalia and ongoing efforts to address the political crisis in South Sudan.
Ethiopia is currently working to further cement its economic connection with Kenya, Djibouti, Sudan and Uganda, Dr. Workneh said, adding, the country is contributing its share to regional prosperity.
Ongoing efforts to make the Nile waters a source of mutual cooperation among the riparian countries have also been strengthened further, the minister said.
He added that the consultations held between the leaders of Ethiopia and Egypt on the sidelines of the 28th AU Summit brought about a mutual understanding between the two sides.
Reporter: Fitihawok Yewondwossen