- Hailemariam visits Bash Pharma Pharmaceuticals, Dal Farms in Sudan
- Premier Hailemariam holds talks with President Omar al-Bashir
- Ethiopia’s 2017/2018 budget apt to drive rising economy - expert
- Africa’s richest man to invest up to $50 Billion in U.S., Europe
- Tourist arrivals in Ethiopia to increase by 5.7 pct in 2017: PwC
Ethiopian federal system sustains dev’t of states: Somali delegation
(EBC; August 12, 2017) - A high-level Somali government delegation acknowledges that the Ethiopian federal system is helping sustain economic development in regional states.
The delegation made a stopover in Mekelle, Tigray state, as part of its study tour to Ethiopia to familiarize itself with the county's decentralized system of governance.
The delegation had previously met senior government officials in Addis Ababa and looked into the practices of the city administration.
In Mekelle, the delegation was briefed about Ethiopian federal system, public participation and other governance practices.
While briefing the delegation about his government's practice, Dr. Addisalem Belema, Tigray state vice chief, emphasized the importance of peace to development.
He also assured the delegation of Ethiopia's continued support to Somalia's stability.
Members of the Somali delegation on the occasion amplified the importance of acquiring knowledge of Ethiopia's federal system of governance which they vowed to emulate to Somalia.
Members of the visiting Somali delegation were also scheduled to visit Bahir Dar, Amhara state, to discover the regional experience.