- African seed body backs use of genetically engineered seeds
- American NGOs join cancer fight in Ethiopia, Uganda and Tanzania
- Fifth Annual U.S.-AU High Level Dialogue deepens U.S.-African relationship
- AU, EU renew commitment to strengthen security cooperation
- World Bank announces $4.7b loan, grant for Ethiopia
Ethiopian orders four more 777 Freighters
(EBC; November 14, 2017)- Ethiopian Airlines has placed a firm order for four more Boeing 777 Freighters.
The deal includes two aircraft for which the African carrier disclosed a commitment at the Paris air show in June.
At the order announcement at the Dubai air show, Ethiopian's chief executive Tewolde Gebremariam confirmed that the aircraft were for additional capacity rather than replacement.
He also said Ethiopian Airlines would be interested in around 10 to 20 mid-sized jets.
They will be delivered in 2018-19.
Flight Fleets Analyzer shows that Ethiopian has six 777Fs in service.
Source: Global Flight.com