- N Korea warns of 'catastrophe' if US-S Korea military drill goes ahead
- U.S. air strikes kill seven al Shabaab fighters in Somalia
- DR Congo landslide kills at least 60 people
- Hailemariam urges East Africa to beat poverty through economic integration
- PM Hailemariam in Kigali to attend Kagame’s inauguration
Expansion of industrial parks attracting renowned investors: GCAO
(EBC; February 17, 2017) - Government Communication Affairs Office (GCAO) says the expansion of modern industrial parks in Ethiopia is attracting renowned investors from the United States, Europe and Asia.
GCAO stated in its weekly press statement on Friday that three Chinese, two Indian and other companies are venturing on Hawassa Industrial Park.
On coming to Ethiopia, the investors took into consideration the reliable peace and stability as well as infrastructure development in the country, the statement said.
This is the result of a long-standing effort by the people and government of Ethiopia, the statement added.
According to data from Ethiopian Investment Commission, a 1.2 billion USD investment capital has been registered from foreign direct investment in the past six months alone.
This has a 35 percent increase compared to same period last year.