- Ethiopian Transport Minister calls for further strengthening ties with China
- Ethiopia adopts drip irrigation scheme from Israel to boost agricultural productivity
- Ethiopia, Egypt to advance their cooperation on health
- Council creates over 1.8 million jobs in the last fiscal year
- Chinese investors keen to invest in Ethiopia: Chinese Official
First Lady calls for improved child nutrition
(EBC; July 17, 2017)- Ethiopian First Lady Roman Tesfaye has launched Somali State on Sunday.
On the occasion, the First Lady pointed out the progresses made over the past few years.
Documents show 45 percent of infant mortality is caused by malnutrition. Taking this into account, the Ethiopian government is working on nutrition programs.
Roman called on pertinent bodies to join hands for better results.
Somali State Chief Adminstrator Abdi Mohammed Omar
has pledged to take practical measures towards implementation of the program.
Experts say the first 1000 days between the woman's pregnancy and her child's second year is very critical with regard to nutrition.
Ethiopian government has planned to minimize under nutrition by 30 percent in 2030.