- UNSC adopts draft resolution on reform of UN peacekeeping
- 14th International Construction exhibition kicks off in Addis Ababa
- Africa called on to embrace plant genetic varieties to boost food security
- UN to evaluate two years peace keeping performance
- Repair 'world in pieces' and create 'world at peace,' UN chief Guterres urges global leaders
First Lady calls for improved child nutrition
(EBC; July 17, 2017)- Ethiopian First Lady Roman Tesfaye has launched Somali State on Sunday.
On the occasion, the First Lady pointed out the progresses made over the past few years.
Documents show 45 percent of infant mortality is caused by malnutrition. Taking this into account, the Ethiopian government is working on nutrition programs.
Roman called on pertinent bodies to join hands for better results.
Somali State Chief Adminstrator Abdi Mohammed Omar
has pledged to take practical measures towards implementation of the program.
Experts say the first 1000 days between the woman's pregnancy and her child's second year is very critical with regard to nutrition.
Ethiopian government has planned to minimize under nutrition by 30 percent in 2030.