- Ethiopia adopts drip irrigation scheme from Israel to boost agricultural productivity
- Ethiopia, Egypt to advance their cooperation on health
- Council creates over 1.8 million jobs in the last fiscal year
- Chinese investors keen to invest in Ethiopia: Chinese Official
- African youth advised to take self-motivation in pursuing dreams
Hailemariam meets founder of World Economic Forum
(EBC, January 24, 2016)- Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn conferred with founder of World Economic Forum, Klaus Schwab in Davos, Switzerland.
Hailemariam and Schwab discussed issues related to global economic affairs on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum in Davos.
Professor Klaus Schwab founded the World Economic Forum in 1971 as a non for-profit foundation committed to improving the state of the world.
The World Economic Forum known for its annual winter meeting in Davos, a mountain resort in the Alps region of Switzerland brings together some 2,500 top business leaders, international political leaders, selected intellectuals, and journalists to discuss the most pressing issues facing the world.
The organization also convenes some six to eight regional meetings each year in locations such as Africa, Latin America, East Asia and Middle East.