- Ethiopia, Russia agree to step up bilateral trade, economic ties
- China ratifies extradition treaties with Ethiopia, Argentina
- Ethiopia nominates Neway Gebreab for post of AUC Commissioner for Economic Affairs
- Africa steps up momentum in calling for UN Security Council reform
- Ethiopia to set up 5 gold trading centers to combat contraband trade
Hailemariam meets founder of World Economic Forum
(EBC, January 24, 2016)- Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn conferred with founder of World Economic Forum, Klaus Schwab in Davos, Switzerland.
Hailemariam and Schwab discussed issues related to global economic affairs on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum in Davos.
Professor Klaus Schwab founded the World Economic Forum in 1971 as a non for-profit foundation committed to improving the state of the world.
The World Economic Forum known for its annual winter meeting in Davos, a mountain resort in the Alps region of Switzerland brings together some 2,500 top business leaders, international political leaders, selected intellectuals, and journalists to discuss the most pressing issues facing the world.
The organization also convenes some six to eight regional meetings each year in locations such as Africa, Latin America, East Asia and Middle East.