- ‘Gov’t working to address demands related to ill governance, unemployment’
- ‘G7 Summit fruitful in consolidating support to Africa’
- Ethiopians at home, abroad celebrating their National Day
- President urges citizens to stand together for sustainable peace, dev’t
- State Minister Hirut warmly welcomes Africa's Hero Dr. Tedros
Hailemariam meets founder of World Economic Forum
(EBC, January 24, 2016)- Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn conferred with founder of World Economic Forum, Klaus Schwab in Davos, Switzerland.
Hailemariam and Schwab discussed issues related to global economic affairs on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum in Davos.
Professor Klaus Schwab founded the World Economic Forum in 1971 as a non for-profit foundation committed to improving the state of the world.
The World Economic Forum known for its annual winter meeting in Davos, a mountain resort in the Alps region of Switzerland brings together some 2,500 top business leaders, international political leaders, selected intellectuals, and journalists to discuss the most pressing issues facing the world.
The organization also convenes some six to eight regional meetings each year in locations such as Africa, Latin America, East Asia and Middle East.