- N Korea warns of 'catastrophe' if US-S Korea military drill goes ahead
- U.S. air strikes kill seven al Shabaab fighters in Somalia
- DR Congo landslide kills at least 60 people
- Hailemariam urges East Africa to beat poverty through economic integration
- PM Hailemariam in Kigali to attend Kagame’s inauguration
HPR endorses EHRC’s report on the recent violence in parts of Ethiopia
(EBC; April 20, 2017) - The House of People's Representatives (HPR) during its regular session on Thursday endorsed the report of Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) on the recent violence in parts of Ethiopia.
The House backed the Commission's resolution that corrective measures be taken against government bodies who failed to prevent the violence or minimize casualties afterward.
The resolution also recommends taking similar measures against security forces that might have employed excessive force in handling the violence.
HPR also approved the Commission's resolution to rehabilitate victims of the violence.
Meanwhile, the House same day endorsed bilateral agreements signed between Ethiopia and different nations.
Reporter: Teshome Wolde