- UK, Sudan agree to strengthen cooperation on terrorism, human trafficking
- Kenyan Women Volleyball team travels to Cameroon onboard Ethiopian
- UN chief vows to support S. Sudan peace revitalization forum
- China's Xi vows to carry on anti-corruption crusade
- Somalia blood appeal after Mogadishu truck bombing
HPR endorses EHRC’s report on the recent violence in parts of Ethiopia
(EBC; April 20, 2017) - The House of People's Representatives (HPR) during its regular session on Thursday endorsed the report of Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) on the recent violence in parts of Ethiopia.
The House backed the Commission's resolution that corrective measures be taken against government bodies who failed to prevent the violence or minimize casualties afterward.
The resolution also recommends taking similar measures against security forces that might have employed excessive force in handling the violence.
HPR also approved the Commission's resolution to rehabilitate victims of the violence.
Meanwhile, the House same day endorsed bilateral agreements signed between Ethiopia and different nations.
Reporter: Teshome Wolde