- UNSC adopts draft resolution on reform of UN peacekeeping
- 14th International Construction exhibition kicks off in Addis Ababa
- Africa called on to embrace plant genetic varieties to boost food security
- UN to evaluate two years peace keeping performance
- Repair 'world in pieces' and create 'world at peace,' UN chief Guterres urges global leaders
IGAD to establish medicines regulatory harmonization initiative
(EBC; August 1, 2017)- The presence of unregulated sub-standard and falsified medical products circulation is challenging IGAD region health service.
IGAD member countries are set to establish Medicines Regulatory Harmonization Initiative.
Heads of medicine regulatory Authority of IGAD member countries are deliberating on the proposal of the initiative here in Addis Ababa.
Specifically, the initiative targets to enhance access enhance regional regulatory mechanisms to stop sub-standard and falsified medical products.
Reporter: Sadat Mohammedsani