- American NGOs join cancer fight in Ethiopia, Uganda and Tanzania
- Fifth Annual U.S.-AU High Level Dialogue deepens U.S.-African relationship
- AU, EU renew commitment to strengthen security cooperation
- World Bank announces $4.7b loan, grant for Ethiopia
- Zimbabwe military says progress in talks for Mugabe's exit
IGAD to establish medicines regulatory harmonization initiative
(EBC; August 1, 2017)- The presence of unregulated sub-standard and falsified medical products circulation is challenging IGAD region health service.
IGAD member countries are set to establish Medicines Regulatory Harmonization Initiative.
Heads of medicine regulatory Authority of IGAD member countries are deliberating on the proposal of the initiative here in Addis Ababa.
Specifically, the initiative targets to enhance access enhance regional regulatory mechanisms to stop sub-standard and falsified medical products.
Reporter: Sadat Mohammedsani