- Meles Zenawi Leadership Academy inks cooperation agreement with Chinese Communist Party School
- AU marks International Day of Peace
- World leaders gathered at UN commit to boosting investment in education
- UNSC adopts draft resolution on reform of UN peacekeeping
- 14th International Construction exhibition kicks off in Addis Ababa
Johannesburg FOCAC gives impetus to Africa's development: Chinese envoy
(EBC; September 14, 2017)- The implementation of the outcome of the 2015 Johannesburg Summit of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC) has boosted the development of Africa and its relations with China, a Chinese envoy said on Wednesday.
Chinese Ambassador to Zambia Yang Youming said Africa has developed faster over the last couple of years following the summit.
He said next year will be the last year for the implementation of the Johannesburg FOCAC framework arrangement, adding that a new arrangement will have to come into effect.
The 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China (CPC) to be held next month in Beijing will inject a new impetus into China's rejuvenation drive and create good prospects for China-Africa friendly cooperation, he said.
At the Johannesburg summit, China committed 60 billion U.S. dollars to fund the implementation of cooperation programs over the next three years.