- Senior Al-Shabaab militants killed in Somalia drone strike: official
- East African education ministers vow quality education for refugees
- Dutch court sentences Ethiopian to life in prison for war crimes
- U.S. suspends aid to Somalia's battered military over graft
- EPSTC trains on conflict prevention from 10 African countries
Memorial events begin to honor late Great Leader Meles Zenawi
(EBC; August 12, 2017) - Meles Zenawi Foundation announces that memorial events marking the 5th year anniversary of the passing away of the late Great Leader will be held as of Saturday, the 12th of August 2017.
Foundation President, Azeb Mesfin, said on Friday that the remembrance will include various assortments including panel discussions with local and foreign scholars, exhibitions and sports competitions.
Renowned scholars are scheduled to present research papers on various issues related to the immense contributions of the late Great Leader, the President said.
Planting tree seedlings will also be a major part of the memorial event as Meles Zenawi is considered as notable environmental activist at global level.
Azeb noted that the foundation is also set to publish articles written by the late Great Leader on a number of issues.