- AU to elect new African Union Commission head in July
- African experts to meet in Rwanda on carbon emissions
- David Cameron to quit after UK votes to leave EU
- Kenyan, Ethiopian business community urged to help boost bilateral trade
- Africa needs to strengthen Science, Math curricula in youth education: AU
OPDO decides to cancel Master Plan
(EBC, January 13, 2016)- Oromo People's Democratic Organization (OPDO) central committee made the decision to cancel Addis Ababa and Finfinne Surrounding Oromia Special Zone integrated development master plan after three days of talks in Adama town.
The committee says OPDO has been working vast development works with the public.
The party also shown its being the party of the people with the development works it has done in collaboration with the public.
The committee lauds questions raised by the public on the integrated development master plan.
According to the committee any issue on which common consensus is not reached with the public will not be implemented, and hence the committee passed the decision to cancel the plan.