- African Dignity Forum honors president Omar al-Bashir, recognizes PM Hailemariam
- BBC Media Action to launch new Afaan Oromoo radio programs on weather resilience
- Gedu urges Diasporas to step up engagement in development
- Chinese envoy calls for vigorous aid to Africa to combat terrorism
- Ethiopia signs €75 million loan agreement with France
OPDO decides to cancel Master Plan
(EBC, January 13, 2016)- Oromo People's Democratic Organization (OPDO) central committee made the decision to cancel Addis Ababa and Finfinne Surrounding Oromia Special Zone integrated development master plan after three days of talks in Adama town.
The committee says OPDO has been working vast development works with the public.
The party also shown its being the party of the people with the development works it has done in collaboration with the public.
The committee lauds questions raised by the public on the integrated development master plan.
According to the committee any issue on which common consensus is not reached with the public will not be implemented, and hence the committee passed the decision to cancel the plan.