- N Korea warns of 'catastrophe' if US-S Korea military drill goes ahead
- U.S. air strikes kill seven al Shabaab fighters in Somalia
- DR Congo landslide kills at least 60 people
- Hailemariam urges East Africa to beat poverty through economic integration
- PM Hailemariam in Kigali to attend Kagame’s inauguration
Premier lays foundation for $110 mln medical center in Addis
(EBC; April 20, 2017) - Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn laid a cornerstone on Thursday for the establishment of a high-tech medical center in Addis Ababa.
To be built by the Ethio-American Doctors Group Inc. with $110 million, the medical center is said to offer advanced healthcare services.
After laying the foundation stone, Prime Minister Hailemariam called on the Ethio-American Doctors Group to produce competent health professionals.
"Upon inauguration, this hospital, I believe, will minimize the high outflow of medical expense, and this will be a plus to the economic development of Ethiopia," the Premier said.
"On behalf of the government and on my own behalf, I call upon the Ethio-American Doctors Group to produce well qualified health professionals," he said.
Members of the group on the occasion acknowledged the attention given to the health sector by the government.
Reporter: Meseret Tajebe