- American NGOs join cancer fight in Ethiopia, Uganda and Tanzania
- Fifth Annual U.S.-AU High Level Dialogue deepens U.S.-African relationship
- AU, EU renew commitment to strengthen security cooperation
- World Bank announces $4.7b loan, grant for Ethiopia
- Zimbabwe military says progress in talks for Mugabe's exit
Scholars hail Ethiopia's contribution to IGAD's Africa integration efforts
(EBC; July 17, 2017)- Scholars hail Inter Governmental Authority for Development (IGAD) for sharing responsibility in the stride to integrate Africa; however, they believe that the continent has to move into action rather than reiterating the notion of integration of Africa.
They also lauded Ethiopia's role to integrate Africa through infrastructure.
IGAD's Director of peace and Security Amb.Tewolde G/Meskel said, IGAD have corridors in the continent that are furthering the interconnections of the region.
IGAD is currently working towards promotion and maintenance of peace, security and stability in the region.
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) was established majorly with the objective of promoting joint development strategies. This is meant gradually to harmonizing macroeconomic policies and programs in the social, technological and Infrastructure development fields in the region.
Reporter: Abraham Asrat