- Hailemariam visits Bash Pharma Pharmaceuticals, Dal Farms in Sudan
- Premier Hailemariam holds talks with President Omar al-Bashir
- Ethiopia’s 2017/2018 budget apt to drive rising economy - expert
- Africa’s richest man to invest up to $50 Billion in U.S., Europe
- Tourist arrivals in Ethiopia to increase by 5.7 pct in 2017: PwC
Uhuru Kenyatta wins Kenya presidential election
(EBC; August 12, 2017) - Kenya's main domestic poll monitoring organization, ELOG, said on Saturday it had found no evidence to suggest this week's election was manipulated or inaccurate, as the opposition have attested.
ELOG's parallel vote tally projected a victory for President Uhuru Kenyatta with 54 percent of ballots cast, compared to an official count of 54.3 percent. This was well within ELOG's 1.9 percent margin of error, the group said.