- Senior Al-Shabaab militants killed in Somalia drone strike: official
- East African education ministers vow quality education for refugees
- Dutch court sentences Ethiopian to life in prison for war crimes
- U.S. suspends aid to Somalia's battered military over graft
- EPSTC trains on conflict prevention from 10 African countries
Uhuru Kenyatta wins Kenya presidential election
(EBC; August 12, 2017) - Kenya's main domestic poll monitoring organization, ELOG, said on Saturday it had found no evidence to suggest this week's election was manipulated or inaccurate, as the opposition have attested.
ELOG's parallel vote tally projected a victory for President Uhuru Kenyatta with 54 percent of ballots cast, compared to an official count of 54.3 percent. This was well within ELOG's 1.9 percent margin of error, the group said.