- AFCON 2019 qualifiers: Ethiopia coach names two foreign-based players
- Borussia Dortmund football team bus hit by explosions
- Ethiopian makes it five victories at Carlsbad 5000
- Shura clocks second-fastest time; Rahma defends title in Rome Marathon
- Ethiopian athletes to compete in Kampala to repeat their historical place in World Cross Country Championship
Woldiya International Stadium officially inaugurated
(EBC; January 14, 2017) - The Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Al Amoudi International Stadium constructed by the Ethiopian-born Saudi business tycoon in Woldiya town of Amhara regional state at a cost of 567 million Birr was officially inaugurated on Saturday.
The inaugural event was attended by senior government officials including Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn and state chief Gedu Andargachew.
Representatives of Woldiya town on the occasion extended their gratitude to Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Al Amoudi who fully financed the construction of the over 25-thousand-seat modern stadium.
Well equipped with facilities including four dressing rooms, 156 floodlights, eight sound-proof press rooms, VIP seats, a state-of-the-art drainage system, a 1,000-car-capacity parking lot, internet and telephone services and 36 water tankers, the newly inaugurated modern stadium meets both FIFA and IAAF standards.
Other features of the stadium include an electronic gate entry system for maximum security, a helipad for emergency evacuations, and numerous shops.